"A Special Day" Part Three
Some of those present, especially in later years and not very present themselves, do not recognize me and do not seem to ask questions. Others, with whom the bond is strong almost undecided whether to greet or worry.
I wonder how I see it and if they think that the thing itself is at least unusual, but a provision to that effect is really a gamble.
She decides to carry the items that make up this strange scenario from a sitting position, images, sounds are an important filler for the passage of time, how to stop the street to see the work in progress.
Who knows me and works under other clothes, and go with a smile, asking me if I'm new and if I have something left as an inheritance, even the elderly to participate in this game and have fun especially when you touch the thorny issue of physiological needs.
This laugh and joke reminds me of those older people with whom I have not managed to establish a connection, cold and unfriendly not participating in any activities and look at me as a funny young man and young doctor.
Perhaps the "chair" is part of this closure, the supports, makes her a little 'is a shame, a bit' is the fatigue, maybe you just want to be left alone.
For a while, 'I hear a little' music. In two hours I've been collecting songs that I would never have dreamed of singing, for the most recent will be at least thirty-five. Meanwhile
aspect, perhaps the perceived dimension of time is different, mine is obviously faster, calibrated at rates faster stimulus-response one might say, that of an elderly person must necessarily be different, more thoughtful, otherwise it would be really hard to resist dall'esplodere.
front of me I have the feeling that there is a giant aquarium, where everything lives only through the eyes and ears, just that the fish pass and greet you.
Looking around I realize then how important it is to fill every possible corner of written or newspapers in order to constantly stimulate the interest of those who "expects", a bit 'like the bathroom when it becomes capable of addressing the events of the ingredients well dell'anticalcare or detergent to the floor.
But despite all of the hands seem to be going at a rate almost double than normal and a couple of hours have already flown away.
Appearance.
The merger comes and goes. It's a constant state of numbness, caused by boredom and sit, if to this we add the drugs under the "numbness" is more understandable.
to distract us from the torpor think the phone. I do a quick update of the sites that interest me, when suddenly I find myself cheating? It is okay to use it? Fifty years from the wheelchairs will be wireless? We will be supported by structures robot that will allow us to walk normally and that keeps us independent and functional up to one hundred and ten years? Waiting to find out, I prefer keep the phone and use it only to receive, on the other hand, the 2050 is still far away.
10:30 am
come the first parents, children or grandchildren who are in constant pilgrimage to visit their loved ones in this strange microcosm. To my great surprise they do not notice me, that I had in mind the past and rehearsed answers to questions narcissistic pleasure of surprise, and yet nothing! They are an element in a too strong, dense, the background dominates the picture.
11:00 am start gymnastics. Arriva
the operator who does aerobics every day with a large number of elderly. The activity is in fact very popular and the room is filled beyond measure. Begin the first movement, but activity is entirely focused on my legs and do not seem to move much. I just have to watch others move, and if football is exciting here is rather disheartening.
However, a demand creeps, about ten minutes in an exact spot in the center of the wheelchair. At first I pretended not to, saying it was too early, I was careful to go before I sat down for good. But no, the thought makes its way and the stimulus increases: I must go to the bathroom. Part anxiety.
resolutely say I look more and more worse, I immediately ask for assistance, perhaps for this reason that sometimes "they" become so troubling. It 's a mix of physiological dependence multiplied by the psychological stress of being charged a sitting and seeing others around like flies. A time bomb.
As expected the request to go to the bathroom and be together, it creates a certain tension. It will be a test? Many thought. And instead it's just me I'm about to explode. The server selected in the bathroom with me and makes me sit on the toilet, then I skip it because of little interest. All in ten minutes, I assure you that will be the last. I will not go over to the bathroom all day. Total block.
Gymnastics ends in a little while, and interesting hour hunger begins to be felt. In the meantime I want to hand a lady who I believe has recognized that and maybe I confused with someone else. We remain so, in silence, hand in hand to look ahead. I find peace, everything stops and takes on a meaning that still eludes me.
Time has no borders or boundaries. Hours Lunch 13:00
Sitting at the table with an old man who speaks lovingly known for some time now and it shows very complicated and respectful of what I'm doing. We chat for an hour of this and that, as if we were sitting at a bar, but on strange chairs with handles for pushing. At the end we say goodbye and we set an appointment for dinner.
At 14:30 pm
started operations after a Oretta spent lying on the seat to cool off the fatigue forced me to come and take the afternoon activities. Will be two parallel workshops, run by two professional educators.
First stop, I insert in a newly formed group and begin to prepare for Easter decorations, which in a few days will be the lace on the walls of the structure. The first hour the next step of an elderly lady who I love and since I arrived in structure or calls me "Fiorello" and "sorcetto" depending on the day.
0 comments:
Post a Comment